Wednesday 7 November 2012

Chapter 1 Tonal Study

This chapter is looking at the tonal change from black through to white through several steps.  (Or vice versa)

The samples provided are 6cm wide and A4 length, except for the first six which are slightly shorter.  I particularly think the one using photocopy paper is the most successful.




I produced a fan of different versions A to G with explanations of the techniques used.  I selected three of the most interesting from my point of view.


The final two are 13cms by A4 using mixed media: the first on white cartridge paper the second on black.  I feel that the first possibly works best as the graduation in tones seem more effective.  The second shows a gradual change in mark with similarities at either end of the piece of work.



It is quite difficult to just get that subtle change.

No comments:

Post a Comment